Transmission structural components of planetary gearboxes
Advantages of using planetary gearboxes
The planetary gear reducers can withstand higher torque than other types of speed reducers under the same volume.
High torque density
Wide range of reduction ratio
High efficiency and Low noise
How to choose a planetary gearbox?
There are many brands and models of planetary gearboxes, and each of them has its own unique features and applications. It is easy to buy a good product, but picking up the one that fits is difficult. Mainly consider the following factors.
Gear Ratio and Models
Hot Planetary Gearbox
Planetary gearboxes are divided into three main types according to their performance, including output shaft type, flange type, and right angle type.
Lubricants in planetary gearboxes
Application of planetary gearbox
Due to the features and advantages of planetary gearboxes are often used when space and weight are limited, but a high reduction ratio and high output torque are needed.
In a robot to increase the torque.
In a printing press to reduce the speed of the rollers.
For precise positioning.
In a packaging machine for a reproducible products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it Named a Planetary Gearbox?
How Does a Planetary Gearbox Work?
How do Planetary Gears Work?
What is a Planetary Gear Set?
A simple planetary gear set is constructed of three basic parts:
- The sun gear is located in the center (central part)
- Several planet gears
- The ring gear (outer component)
The three parts devise a stage across a planetary gearbox. We can offer double or triple stages for greater ratios. Planetary gearboxes can be energized by either hydraulic motors, electric motors or diesel or petrol combustion engines.
How to Choose a Planetary Gearbox?
The choice of a good planetary gearbox is very hard. Follow the below-given tips to choose the best planetary gearbox.
- Features required: First of all, you need to consider the ratio, backlash, torque, etc., to select your gearbox.
- Space: Multiple sizes of planetary gearboxes are available in the market. If you have low space, select a gearbox that has a small size so that you can install it easily.
- Environment: In some environments, moisture, dirt, or dust; may cause corrosion of the gearbox. Therefore, you must consider this factor for the selection of the gearbox and choose a gearbox that has a corrosion-resistant body.
What are the Drawbacks of Using a Planetary Gearbox?
The planetary gearbox requires very precise construction. If one planet gear is closer to the sun gear than others, it can lead to the imbalance of the planet gear, which can lead to increased wear and failure. Furthermore, the compact size of the planetary gear ensures a high level of heat dissipation, which may require cooling in applications that operate very quickly or have continuous power.